Dear Thing 1, Thing 2 and my hubby,
I LOVE you guys. Like I LOVVVVVVVVE you. But even though I love you more than life itself, sometimes I just need a break. Not like a six-night trip to the Caribbean (although that would be amazing). Just a wee little bit of “alone” time. Because it seems like someone CONSTANTLY needs something from me. Wiiiipe me, can I have some water, where is the milk, pick me up, is it sexy-time yet, where are my shoes, can I have it Mommy, can I, can I, can I??? Until I’m like AGGGGGHHHHHH, leave me the F alone!!!!! Puhleeeeease, can I please just have a little space? So here are ten things I REALLY want to do alone once in a while:
1. I want to sit on the toilet ALL BY MYSELF. I don’t want to hear someone body-slamming the door, pummeling each other outside, or yelling MOMMMMMMM at the top of their lungs. There’s only one thing I want to hear for seven straight minutes. My own precious grunts.
2. I want to take a shower without someone staring at me, laughing at my naked butt, questioning why I’m furry down there, or deciding to drop a deuce in the same bathroom. Because if I’m marinating in your airborne poop particles, I am not getting clean.
3. I want to go shopping without you guys. Because when the cashier asks me if I found everything I need today, my answer should not be, “No, because you don’t carry Oxycontin.”
4. I want to use a public restroom without anyone tagging along. Or announcing loudly for the whole restroom to hear, “Why did you just pull a red mouse out of your bagina?”
5. I want to be left alone while I wash the dishes. Don’t ask me for things, throw more stuff in the sink, or invade my personal butt space with the following items: fingers, swords, penises, hockey sticks, or turkey basters. Scrubbing dried cheese off your plate is bad enough without getting raped by a light saber.
6. I want to get dressed all by myself.
KID: Beep beep beep, you are a robot.
A. I am NOT an F’ing robot. B. Stop pressing my nipples. They are NOT buttons.
7. I want to take a trip on an airplane all by myself. The idea of a gross man with dandruff snoring on me for twelve straight hours sounds soooo much more appealing than being stuck in a small metal capsule with my two screaming douchenuggets.
8. I want to eat a meal all by myself. And sitting on the floor of the pantry with the lights out so no one can find me does not count.
9. I want to sleep in a bed all alone. I don’t want to be poked, kicked, fondled, spooned, forked, T-boned, boned, caressed, or pushed until I’m literally clinging to the last three inches of the mattress.
10. I want to have sex. And nope, not with anyone else.
If you liked this, please don’t forget to like and share it. Thank you!!
Speaking of alone time, here are two awesome books to read when you manage to barricade yourself in the bathroom or a closet without anyone knowing. I Heart My Little A-Holes and I Want My Epidural Back!! Just make sure to stifle your laughter so no one discovers your hiding spot.